The United Parcel Service has been a trusted and reliable shipping and receiving and supply management system since 1907. The organization strives to provide the best possible service to its customers; this is why it is one of the world’s largest shipping couriers.
The International Package operations include the best facilities such as UPS Standard, UPS Worldwide Expedited, UPS Worldwide Saver, UPS Worldwide Express, UPS Worldwide Express Plus, and much more.
Such a widely enjoyed and celebrated service organization also has an online tracking system for their customers and clients. If you’re on this article to find out how to track your parcel/ package then you’re on the right track.
Tracking your parcel is easy owing to the multitude of services provided by UPS. All you need to do is follow the steps given below.
- Open https://www.ups.com/track?loc=en_US&requester=ST/ and enter your IZ number. Go to the Shipping History page in order to get access to the Tracking Summary page.
- The summary page shows complete details of each parcel shipment. These details include a tracking number; the shipment status; additional details such as summary information regarding the scheduled delivery date, destination, shipping service, and number of packages included.
Importance of Tracking Numbers
The Tracking Number is the key detail that must be attended to in order to track your parcel. It is a number that is automatically assigned to each package. This number is widely used by clients and customers alike to track their packages on the go. It helps determine everything inclusive of and pertaining to delivery details.
The UPS tracking number is commonly called the IZ Number. It resembles a form which looks like 1Z9999999999999999. This is only an example and the actual number includes a combination of numerals. It is unique and different for every parcel so as to avoid confusion within the system.
If your selected shipment has a number of parcels, then you can also view an expanded or all-inclusive summary containing the shipment details for all the parcels. All you have to do is select the “Show All” option under the summary column.
To view all the shipment details, you will have to select the “Detail” option which can be found below the Tracking Number displayed on the screen. The detailed information about the shipment includes the number of parcels in the shipment, the “Ship To” address, type of parcel, weight of the parcel, reference number information, parcel progress events, and delivery information. After viewing the details, you can also return to the tracking summary scene by selecting the “Back to Tracking Summary” option.
You can access the tracking details from the Tracking summary screen. As mentioned before, these include:
- Status of the parcel.
- Scheduled Delivery that is the month, day, year of delivery.
- Shipped To which is the information on the address the parcel is to be shipped to.
- Shipped or Billed on which displays the Shipping/Billing Date.
- Tracking Number which includes the 1Z Number.
- Service Type the name of the type of service chosen.
- Weight which is appropriate measure of the parcel in U.S. Pounds or kilograms.
- Multiple Packages or the number of parcels with a link to “Show All”.
The details displayed on the screen also include:
- Activity (e.g., origin scan, arrival scan, unload scan).
To return to the Tracking Summary screen, please select “Back to Tracking Summary“.
You’ll find that tracking your parcel is a fairly easy and transparent process. We wish you speedy shipping.